|Born||Alfred P. Saal|
May 6, 1891
|Died||February 15, 1962 (age 70) |
Al Saal (1891-1962) was an undertaker in Toledo, Ohio, and one of the star performers at early International Brotherhood of Magicians conventions. He was one of the first magicians to do a full-length manipulation act with lighted cigarettes.
Dressed in a Spanish costume and wearing a turned-up mustache, he performed card and cigarette manipulations. He was one of the first to use fluorescent paint on playing cards, combining black art with card manipulations, gaining the title of "The Man With The Lights".
He was the organizer and the first secretary of the Toledo Magicians Club and Territorial Representative in the Toledo area for the I.B.M.
- ↑ Cover, Linking Ring August 1927
- ↑ Who's Who in Magic, Sphinx, August, 1932
- ↑ Cover, The Linking Ring June, 1933
- ↑ Obit, Linking Ring, 1962
- ↑ Trix and Chatter by W. Dornfeld (1921)
- ↑ http://www.toledomagic.com/Saal.htm