|Born||March 22, 1924|
East Hull, England
|Died||January 26, 2006 (age 81) |
|Categories||Books by Arthur Setterington|
Setterington began his interest in magic at the age of four after watching a magician perform. By the age of seven he had collected enough Bourneville Cocoa tokens to receive a magic book, followed quickly by a magic set.
He joined the Hull Magicians' Circle in 1945 and performed his first professional show.
In 1958 Setterington became a Methodist Lay Preacher.
Setterington published over 1,000 effects in various magazines since 1947 and marketed "Cube in a Tube" through Supreme Magic, an effect which won him the Jasper Maskelyne Silver Wand Award for Originality, along with a Linking Ring Award.
Setterington was a Member of The Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star.
Three weeks before his death, he was able to watch the annual Humberside Young Magicians' Group competition for the Arthur Setterington Junior Award for Close-up Magic. He presented the trophy to the winner, 11 -year-old Jack Gleadow.
- Stranger Mysteries (1967)
- Joe Smith Mysteries (1968)
- The Power of Persuasion (1972)
- Straight Line Mysteries (1972)
- Off Beat Mentalism (1975)
- Magic, Fun and Games for Children (1979)
- The Book of Magic, co-authored with Edwin Dawes (1986)
- The Life and Times of the Great Lafayette (1991)