|Born||Charles Joseph Romano|
|Categories||Books by Chuck Romano|
Chuck Romano (b. 1968) is a magician, historian, author, and collector.
After becoming interested in magic at the age of five after receiving a Marshall Brodien TV Magic Set as a gift from his parents, along with seeing the 1953 movie Houdini starring Tony Curtis, he made his first public appearance at the age of seven.
Chuck Romano is a performer, graphic artist and author of magic. Born in Chicago in 1968, Chuck has been performing magic since 1979. He enjoys all types of magic, especially close-up conjuring. In 1997, Romano wrote, designed and published the book, The Art of Deception or The Affinity Between Conjuring and Art. In 1999, he published House of Cards, The Life and Magic of Paul Rosini.
Chuck’s other writings on conjuring have appeared in several magic trade publications including Genii, M-U-M, Magic, Magicol and The Linking Ring. Romano received a Linking Ring Award for his May, 1992 article on the history of magic in Chicago. In 1996, Chuck won the prestigious Linking Trophy for the “Best Series” in Journal. Chuck is also an avid collector of magic memorabilia and is a member of the Magic Collectors’ Association.
In 2000, he wrote, directed and co-produced his own cable television special and it premiered on Aurora Community Television (a division of Cable Access).
- Henry Ridgely Evans History Award from Society of American Magicians (1999)
- Linking Ring Award for his May, 1992 article on the history of magic in Chicago.
- Linking Ring Trophy for the "Best Series" in the journal (1996)
- The Art of Deception , or The Affinity Between Conjuring and Art (1997)
- House of Cards: The Life & Magic of Paul Rosini (1999)
- The Marvelous Creations of Joseffy - David P. Abbott (Romano Publisher - 2001)
- The Mechanics of Marvels (2006)
- The Marshall Brodien Magic Set Collection (2007)
- The Art of Deception , or The Affinity Between Conjuring and Art - 2nd Edition (2008)
- The Expert at the Card Table - S.W. Erdnase (Romano Publisher - 2015)