|Born||Edwin Homer Brush, Sr.|
March 21, 1873
Township of Bonus, Illinois
|Died||March 14, 1967 (age 93) |
San Francisco, California
He was born in Township of Bonus, County of Boone, in the state of Illinois,
Listed in "Who's who in the lyceum" as performing Oriental tricks, ventriloquism and eccentric comedy, his first Lyceum season was in 1902.
Brush continued to put on shows in the San Francisco Bay area up to the time of his death at the age of 93. He was a member for the I.B.M. and had a son Edwin Brush. Jr.
- Who's who in the lyceum By Alfred Augustus Wright (1906)
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 6, No. 11, January 1908
- Trix and Chatter by W. Dornfeld (1921)
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 44, No. 3, May 1945, Cover – Edwin Brush, page 68
- Genii 1967 May Obit.
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 47, No. 5, May 1967, Broken Wand, Edwin Brush, by C. N. Clarkson, page 99
- A MAGICAL LIFE: Edwin Brush in Magicol No. 101 (NOVEMBER, 1991)
- M-U-M, Vol. 96, No. 3, August 2006, The Nielsen Gallery, Brush, King of Wizards, page 74