A false shuffle, also known as a blind shuffle, is a shuffle which is not genuine. The purpose of a shuffle is to mix the cards; a false shuffle is designed to give the illusion of a regular, random shuffle, while allowing the magician to keep control of the placement of the cards.
False shuffle may refer to:
- Full-deck false shuffle, a shuffle to control the order of the entire deck.
- Red-Black Shuffle, a shuffle which maintains separation of the red cards and black cards.
- Card control, any method to control a desired card or small group of cards.
- Jog shuffle, an Overhand shuffle using in-jogged and out-jogged cards to control the location of a card or small group of cards.
- Stacking, using a shuffle to place certain cards at certain locations, in order to deal them to a certain hand.