Cover of Genii (1977)
|Born||Gene Allen Anderson|
May 21, 1941
Grand Forks, North Dakota
|Categories||Books by Gene Anderson|
Gene Anderson (born May 21, 1941), a chemist by profession, is noted for his award winning newspaper magic.
Anderson was awarded seven first-prize trophies in magic competitions for stage, comedy, close-up and originality. He has been on the covers of Genii and The Linking Ring magazines. He was nominated for two Academy Awards by the Academy of Magical Arts in Hollywood.
He earned his doctorate in chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin and did post-doctoral research in electron diffraction at the University of Oslo in Norway. He is a member of International Brotherhood of Magicians.
When Anderson retired from the Dow Chemical Company he was the Global Director of Research and Development Learning. He then formed Gene Anderson and Associates in Midland, Michigan. He travels the world offering inspirational training programs and after-dinner presentations to corporations, civic groups, and colleges and universities.
Awards and Honors
- In 2005, Gene Anderson was the official Guest of Honor (with Dan Garrett) at FFFF.
- Gene was on cover of Genii 1977 June.
- Newspaper Magic by Gene Anderson and Frances I. Marshall (1968)
- Topper's Mad, Mad Magic (1974)
- Part-Time Pro (Lecture Notes) (1976)
- ↑ http://www.geneanderson.biz/
- ↑ http://www.geneanderson.com/
- ↑ Newspaper Magic 1968, About Gene Anderson, page 3
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 41, No. 6, June 1977, Special Issue Gene Anderson
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 67, No. 5, May 1987, OUR COVER, GENE ANDERSON, by Phil Willmarth, page 62