Genii 1937 January
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
|Genii 1937 January|
|Link||View online |
(Genii subscribers only)
|Browse||<Prev Issue .. Next Issue>|
Genii Vol. 1, No. 5, January 1937
Cover subject: Leon
- Page 04: (Article) Our Cover - Leon by William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 05: (Editorial) Genii Speaks by William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 06: (News) Special Announcements by Anonymous
- Page 07: (Leviation) Haskell's Glass Suspension by Haskell
- Page 08: (Miscellaneous props) Silk from Unprepared Newspaper by Caryl S. Fleming
- Page 08: (Miscellaneous Props) A Silk Effect by Alfred Hennings
- Page 09: (Miscellaneous Props) Back into the Hand by Ezra Dominitz
- Page 09: (Cards) Scatter the Cards Effect by William Meyer
- Page 10: (Tip) The "G" Man Performs by Charles W. Fricke
- Page 10: (Miscellaneous Props) The Paper Egg Bag by Frederick M. Shields
- Page 10: (Cards) Five Card Effect by William H. McCaffrey
- Page 11: (Mentalism) "Nth" Sense by Jack McMillen
- Page 12: (Miscellaneous Props) The Magic Bar - An Improvement of the Cocktail Shaker Trick by Fred Rickard
- Page 12: (Illusions) A Lady Appears by Ralph Carey
- Page 13: (Tip) The Stage Trap by Paul Anderson
- Page 13: (Illusions) Inexpensive Illusion by Mark J. Hall
- Page 13: (Illusions) Guinea Pig Vanish by Barton Westake
- Page 14: (Illusions) The Fan Dancer by Dale Williams
- Page 14: (illusions) Opera Hat Illusion by Mark J. Hall
- Page 15: (Miscellaneous Props) Flower Production by Boris Zola (Dr.)
- Page 16: (Miscellaneous Props) Fatma by William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 17: (Miscellaneous Props) The Christmas Necktie by T. Page Wright & William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 18-19: (Cards) The Pass by T. Page Wright & William W. Larsen, Sr.
- The Roller Pass
- The Visible Cut-Pass
- The Knock-In Pass
- The Fan Break
- The Bottom Slip
- A Side Steal Variation
- Page 20: (Cards) L.W. Simplicity Four Aces by T. Page Wright & William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 20: (Cards) The L.W. Diagonal Side Steal by T. Page Wright & William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 21: (Review) by William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Miracle Steel Ball Through Glass (Davenport)
- Flip Over Dove Vanish (Thayer's Studio of Magic)
- Just Another Feke (Deistel)
- Audley Walsh's Sponge Ball Routine
- Loyd's Cocktail Shakers (Loyd's)
- Page 22: (News) Bagdad by William W. Larsen, Sr.
- Page 23: (News) Chicago Notes by George Troseth
- Page 25: (Article) Stage Craft - So your Club Is Going to Give a Show? Part 5, by Caryl S. Fleming
- Page 26: (News) Scattered Shots by Len O. Gunn
- Page 27: (News) Drops from the Shaker by Tom Collins
- Page 28: (Article) Paging the Ladies - Mrs Floyd Thayer by Geraldine Conrad
- Page 28: (Mail) Paging the Ladies - Another Wife Speaks by J.D. Stuart (Mrs)
- Page 29: (Article Paging the Ladies - The Diary of a Magician's Wife, Part 5 by Geraldine Conrad
- Page 30: (News) Thru the Monocle by Edward Saint (Dr.)
- Page 31: (News) Club Reports by Various
- Page 34: (News) Ribbins by C.T.
- Page 35-36: (Review) Light from the Lamp by Lloyd E. Jones
- Sermons in Magic by Charles T. Grant (Rev.)
- The New Magician's Manual by Walter Gibson
- Six Bits by Frank Chapman
- Interesting Tricks by William Stickland
- Good Conjuring by S.H. Sharpe
- Forty Years of Psychic Research by Hamlin Garland
- Live Magic by William Turner
- Another Six Bits by Frank Chapman
- Giant Card Magic by Sherman Ripley
- Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks by Keith Clark