March 22 1894
Rangoon, former Brit. India
|Died||April 11, 1962 (age 68) |
|Resting place||Austin Memorial Park Cemetery Austin, Texas|
Herman Yerger (1894-1962) was a Charter Member of the Carl Moore IBM Ring 60, in Austin and its president in 1950.
Yerger was known as the father of the Texas Association of Magicians which he formed in his lodge in 1945.
His specialty was in mentalism and had a vast knowledge of all magic art. Magic publications through the years printed his contributions. 
He was confined to a wheelchair almost all his life due to a back injury suffered in his youth.
During the latter years of his life he was at work compiling a book on magic called the Conclave of Magic. It was not completed before he passed away but was published in February 1965 issue of the Linking Ring.
- ↑ The Linking Ring, Vol. 42, No. 5, May 1962, Broken Wand, Herman Yerger, page 95
- ↑ Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 45, No. 2, February 1965, Herman Yerger Conclave of Magic a Memorial, page 43
- The Sphinx, Vol. 32, No. 9, November 1933, Who’s Who in Magic, page 264
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 24, No. 7, September 1944, Wheelchair Magician, by the late Cpl. B. W. (Bill) Weinfeld, page 17
- The linking Ring, Vol. 33, No. 8, October 1953, Annemann Jinx Parade, by Eddie Clever, Herman Yerger, page 78