Cover of Sphinx (Nov 1912)
|Born||Felix Alfred Kretschmann|
February 21, 1881
|Died||November 10, 1938 (age 57) |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Resting place||Chalmette National Cemetery|
Felix Alfred Herrmann (1881-1938), born Felix Alfred Kretschmann in London, performed as "The Great Herrmann", "Herrmann the Great" and "The Great and Only Herrmann".
For many years he was with his uncle Alexander Herrmann. After his death he traveled with Adelaide Herrmann and with his brother John was of great assistance to her in the act she presented after the departure of Leon Herrmann.
Felix legally changed his name to Alfred Herrmann in Chicago, May 20, 1918. He had been billing himself as "The Great Herrmann" and "Herrmann the Great" for 14 years prior to that date. His aunt fought with him over using the name.
He settled down in New Orleans in 1928 where he died in comparative poverty. Members of the IBM in New Orleans conducted his funeral services.
- ↑ "HERRMANN" NAME FIGHT, Variety, March 18, 1921.
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 11, No. 9, November 1912, Felix Herrmann, page 163
- The Sphinx, Vol. 10, No. 12, February 1913, The Editor's Page, page 236, Correspondence, Adelaide Herrmann, page 239
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 18, No. 10, December 1938, Felix Hermann died, page 635
- The Sphinx, Vol. 37, No. 10, December 1938, Death of Felix A. Herrmann, page 252
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 30, No. 9, November 1950, Felix Kretschman, Recollections of Adelaide Herrmann's Nephew, by Newmann the Pioneer Mentalist, page 15
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Herrmann, Felix eig. Felix Alfred Kretschmann, engl. Zauberkünstler (*21.2.1881 London, †10.11.1938 New Orleans), page 157