|Born||Louis Leanord Falanga|
July 24, 1955
Brooklyn, New York
Louis Falanga is owner of L & L Publishing.
Falanga grew up in Brooklyn, New York, relocated to California in 1973 and later settling on shores of Lake Tahoe. He got a job first as a lift operator and later as a staff trainer for the Squaw Valley Ski Resort but also soon found work as a close-up magician in the many exclusive restaurants. It was also during this period that Falanga would first meet Larry Jennings.
When Jennings moved to Newport Beach to assume the position of entertainment director at the new Magic Island, he brought Falanga down for a month to act as a host at the club.
During this time Falanga began to develop a significant number of his own effects. He enlisted the aid of Mike Maxwell (now the head of A-1 MultiMedia) to write up the material and the book "Louis Falanga's Lake Tahoe Card Magic" made its debut in 1985. It offer fourteen of Falanga's items along with an entire chapter of unpublished Larry Jennings material.
Falanga began to suggest to Jennings that he should put out a comprehensive book of his work. Larry finally warmed to the idea and they brought in Mike Maxwell as the writer. Tom Gagnon was enlisted as the illustrator and in 1986, The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings was ready. The name of the company they formed to publish the book was "Larry and Louis", shortend to become L & L Publishing." In 1989, Jennings signed over his interest in the company completely over to Falanga.
- Perfect Reset Reset by Louis Falanga in Apocalypse, page 1241, Vol 9, no. 8, Aug 1986
- Color (Re)Set by Louis Falanga in Spectacle by Stephen Minch (1990).
- Jazz Fusion in The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 4
- Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 88, No. 1, June 1998, Special Issue – Louis Falanga, pages 17-30
- Best of Friends, Volume II, by Harry Lorayne (1985), Biography – Louis Falanga, page 65