Cover of Genii (1942)
|Flourished||1940s - 1960s|
They married around 1930 and soon became a struggling mental act until they joined Nicola in 1938. As assistants to him, they presented their telepathy act in the show. Nicola retired after he lost his stage show when the ship they were touring on hit a mine in a Singapore harbor in 1939. The Roberts continued on performing in the nightclub circuit. They used the billing, "What's on Your Mind?"
Lucille would be blindfolded on the stage and Eddie would go through the audience touching objects or getting questions which Lucille identified as they made witty repartee. About three fourths of the way through the act, they feigned a slight dispute and changed places, with Eddie now blindfolded and Lucille in the audience.
A publicity photo can bee seen in 13 Steps to Mentalism (page 333).
Lucille was living in Virginia when she passed away.
- ↑ Cover Genii 1942 December
- ↑ "IN PERSON" (First Installment of a Series), Stuart Cramer, Magicol No. 88
- ↑ Harry Riser, MUM, May 1997
- ↑ Cues:Variations or the Second Sight Act by Leo Behnke (2005)
- ↑ Abra, 24th SEPTEMBER, 1977