MagicPedia:Selected anniversaries/May 14
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1894 - Russell Walsh was born.
- 1898 - The gooseneck principle, which makes possible the apparent passing of a hoop around a floating person's body invented by Jasper Maskelyne, was first used this day in the Egyptian Hall.
- 1919 - The Pentacle Club was founded.
- 1947 - Los Magicos and Assembly No. 22 of the S.A.M. combined to present a lecture by Dai Vernon in the Aviation Room of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- 1997 - Harry Blackstone Jr. passed away.