|Born||Maurice Jack Fogel|
July 07, 1911
|Died||October 30, 1981 (age 70) |
|Resting place||The Liberal Jewish Cemetery, Pound Lane, Willesden, N.W.10, London, England|
|Categories||Books by Maurice Fogel|
Maurice Fogel (July 7, 1911 - October 30, 1981), born in London, was a professional magician and mentalist. In his teens, he was an assistant to the illusionist Rameses (Albert Marchinsky) before starting out on his own as "The Amazing Fogel".
He was a student of psychology, publishing a booklet called "Fogelism" dealing with relaxation and the subconscious mind. He applied many psychological principles to his work.
Some of his famous illusions are routines were the "Vanishing Nude", "Through the Eye of a Needle", "Russian Roulette" and "Cheating the Gallows" He also performed the bullet catch with a firing squad.
Fogel died on the platform of Golder's Green Underground Station on his way to a show, with his little black case of props in one hand and his blackboard tucked underneath his other arm.
- Fogelism (1949)
- Top Secret Series: No. 1 The Gambling Ghost (1961)
- Top Secret Series: No. 2 The Fortune Formula (1962)
- Maurice Fogel: In Search of the Sensational by Chris Woodward (2007) 
- ↑ Genii Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 1, January 1982, Obituaries, Maurice Fogel 1911-1981, page 46
- ↑ http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2194
- ↑ The Magic Circular, Vol. 100, No. 1083, October 2006, In Search of The Sensational, Maurice Fogel (1911-1981), by Chris Wodwarth MIMC, page 324
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 61, No. 680, March 1967, The Amazing Fogel, by Tom Kemp, page 101
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 72, No. 1868, November 1981, Maurice Fogel, whose death we reported last week…, page 579
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 75, No. 821, December 1981, Obituary, Maurice Fogel 1911-1981, page 257
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 76, No. 822, January/February 1982, Farewell to Maurice Fogel, Golders Green, 4th November, 1981, by Rabbi John D. Rayner, page 26
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 81, No. 879, September/October 1987, A Tribute to Maurice Fogel, by Paul Galpin, page 194
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 86, No. 7, July 2006, Hocus Pocus Parade, Maurice Fogel, Tribute Parade, by John Racherbaumer, page 93
- M-U-M, Vol. 96, No. 11, April 2007, Of The Sensational, Remembering Maurice Fogel, by Chris Woodward, page 69
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 70, No. 8, August 2007, Serendipity, My Encounters with Maurice Fogel, page 29