From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Paper Tear is the art of making elaborate designs from sheets of paper by folding and tearing.
An ancient pastime, it is used by magicians as an entertainment within their act.
Some use prepared sheets with lightly stenciled patterns.
- Ching Ling Foo's Paper Tearing Trick in Magic and Its Professors by Henry Ridgely Evans (1902)
- Secrets of Magic by Will Goldston (1903)
- Great Paper and String Tricks by Ellis Stanyon (1904)
- Magician's Tricks by Hatton and Plate (1910)
- Tricks Anyone Can Do by Morely Adams (1911)