Penn & Teller: Fool Us
Penn & Teller: Fool Us is a British entertainment comedy television programme. It is hosted by Jonathan Ross and professional magicians and comedians Penn & Teller. Fool Us is a magic competition show, which challenges magicians to perform in front of Penn and Teller. If they can fool Penn and Teller, they win a five-star trip to Las Vegas to perform as the opening act in Penn & Teller's world famous show at the Rio Hotel & Casino.
The pilot of Fool Us was first commissioned by John Kaye Cooper, the controller of entertainment for ITV. The pilot aired on 7 January 2011. In February 2011, it was announced that due to good viewing figures, a series of eight episodes had been comissioned, and would produced by September Films and 1/17 Productions. The episodes were budgeted with $3.2 million and began airing in June 2011. The eight episodes were filmed in a ten day filming block. It was claimed at the end of the eighth episode that a Christmas Special will be aired in December 2011, and will look at how the winners got on during their appearance in Las Vegas. It will also feature five new magicians who will attempt to fool Penn & Teller. These, alongside the pilot, and the eight main episodes, brings the total number of episodes to ten.
- The Pilot Episode
The pilot episode aired on January 7, 2011, and featured a total of six magicians, with a further three non broadcast segments appearing as extras on the ITV website. The pilot was 90 minutes long. In the pilot episode, both John Archer and Benjamin Earl managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Ali Cook - British Close Up & Stage Magician
- Richard Bellars - British Close Up & Stage Magician
- Michael Vincent - British Close Up & Stage Magician
- John Archer - British Magical Comedy Entertainer
- Benjamin Earl - British Illusionist
- James More - British Stage Magician & Illusionist
- Other Competitors - Not Broadcast on ITV, but available on the ITV website
- Morgan & West - British Close Up & Stage Duo.
- Damien O'Brien - British Street Magician.
- Noel Qualter - British Close Up Magician.
- Episode 2
Episode two aired on June 18, 2011 at 8:00pm. In this episode, mind-reader Graham Jolley managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- High Jinx - British Illusionist & Circus Duo
- Jon Allen - British Street Magician
- Daniel Massey - British Illusionist
- Graham Jolley - British Mind Reader & Mentalist
- Episode 3
Episode three aired on June 25, 2011 at 8:00pm. In this episode, French card-magician Mathieu Bich managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Mark Shortland - British Card Illusionist
- Mathieu Bich - French Card Illusionist
- Young and Strange - British Street Stage Illusionists
- Daniel Madison - British Card Illusionist
- Episode 4
Episode four aired on July 2, 2011 at 8:00pm. In this episode, no-one managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Piff The Magic Dragon - Dutch Illusionist
- Soma - Hungarian Close Up Magician
- Alan Hudson - British Close Up Magician
- Damien O'Brien - British Street Magician
- Episode 5
Episode five aired on July 9, 2011 at 8:00pm. In this episode, Illusionist Richard Bellars managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Daniel Kramer - British Card Magician
- Romany - Burlesque Dancer And Magician
- Alan Rorrison - British Illusionist
- Richard Bellars - British Illusionist
- Episode 6
Episode six aired on July 16, 2011 at 9:00pm. In this episode, British Mentalist Nick Einhorn and Victorian magicians Morgan & West managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Cubic Act - French Illusionists
- Nick Einhorn - British Mentalist
- Michael Vincent - British Street Magician
- Morgan and West - British Street Magicians
- Episode 7
Episode seven aired on July 23, 2011 at 9:00pm. In this episode, Swedish illusionists Brynolf & Ljung managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Gazzo - British Illusionist
- Colin Mcleod - British Mentalist
- Keelan and Charlotte - British Quick Change Artists
- Brynolf & Ljung - Swedish Illusionists
- Episode 8
Episode eight aired on July 30, 2011 at 9:00pm. In this episode, Shawn Farquhar and Etienne Pradier managed to fool Penn & Teller.
- Shawn Farquhar - Canadian Close Up Magician
- Manuel Martinez - Cuban Illusionist (Stage persona of Gary Oakman, a British Magician)
- Etienne Pradier - French Card Magician
- Chris Dugdale - British Illusionist
- Episode 9
Episode nine will air on August 27, 2011 at 8:00pm.
- Chris Cox - British Mindreader
- James Brown - British Stage Magician
- Laura London - British Mentalist
- Marc Oberon - British Card Magician
- Episode 10 - Christmas Special
Episode ten, a christmas special, will air around December 2011.
- Lee Hathaway - British Cabaret Act & Close Up Magician
- David Masters - British Illusionist
- Noel Qualter - British Close Up Magician
- Jack Taperell - British Close Up Magician
- David Jay - British Illusionist
| This page incorporated content from Penn & Teller: Fool Us,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License