Re-Set is a card routine by Paul Harris first published in Super Magic(1977), later reprinted in Art of Astonishment, Vol. 1 (1996). A similar plot was previously created by Brother John Hamman's as Underground Transposition published in Jon Racherbaumer's magazine Kabbala, Vol. 1, no. 7, 1972. (Credit was given when republished in Art of Astonishment.)
4 aces and 4 jacks are shown. Jacks are placed on the table and the aces are held in the hands. One at a time the aces change places with the jacks (we can call that a Slow-motion Transposition). For a kicker ending the four jacks instantly "reset" and become aces once again.
- Twisted Reset By Jon Racherbaumer in Good Turns (1977).
- Reset Repair by David Solomon in Sticks & Stones no. 17, May 1978.
- Reset, Reset by Earl Nelson in Variations (1978). (Also appears on page 143 of The Art of Astonishment, Vol. 1, 1996)
- Reset Twist by John Mendoza in Don England's TKO's (1981).
- Color Reset, yet Another Card Reset by Jeff Poncher in Apocalypse, page 677, Vol. 5, no. 9, Sept 1982,
- Pre-set Reset by David Solomon in Sessions by Simon Aronson and David Solomon (1982).
- Reset Color by Jon Racherbaumer in Cardfixes (1982).
- Technicolor Reset by Jon Racherbaumer in Richard's Almanac, Vol. 1, Summer Issue, june 1983.
- Perfect Reset Reset by Louis Falanga in Apocalypse, page 1241, Vol 9, no. 8, Aug 1986
- Well Oiled Reset by Larry Jennings from The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings 1986).
- A/K/A Reset by John Bannon in Mirage (1986).
- Re-Re-Re-Reset by Jamy Ian Swiss in Another Interesting Application of That Principle lecture notes (1987).
- Reset at Its Best by Randy Wakeman in Apocalypse, Vol 12, no. 4, April 1989.
- Color (Re)Set by Louis Falanga in Spectacle by Stephen Minch (1990).
- Persuasion by David Harkey in Simply Harkey, page 227 (1991). Aces turn to Queens, Queens vanish to case.
- Boomerang by Walt Maddison from Apocalypse, Vol. 14, no. 6, june 1991.
- Respun by Robert Bengel in Apocalypse, page 1960, Vol 14, no. 8, Aug 1991
- Multiplex Reset by Jack Carpenter and Stephen Hobbs in Modus Operandi: The Card Magic of Jack Carpenter - Reset with a Double Travellers finale (1992).
- Reset Finale by Jerry Mentzer in Card File, Vol. 1, (1993).
- Boxed Reset by James Swain in Miracles with Cards (1996).
- Call To Colors by David Regal in Apocalypse, Vol. 20, no. 12, december 1997, using odd-backs.
- Trost on Reset by Nick Trost in The Card Magic of Nick Trost (1997).
- Re-Test by Gaston Quieto on DVD Twenty (VHS 1998).
- Reset with a Hook by Greg Wilson in Card Stunts Video (1998).
- Escamotage by Barry Price (1998).
- Set-Reset Plus by Bernard Bilis & Richard Vollmer in Card College, Vol. 3 (1998).
- The Skinny by John Lovick in his Lecture Notes (1998).
- Reset Blanks by Guy Hollingworth in Quartet (1999).
- Metamorphosis One by Jim Swain in 21st Century Card Magic (1999).
- Ricochet by R. Paul Wilson - gimmicked packet trick (2001).
- Resetting Reset Bills by Bill Malone in DVD On the Loose, Vol. 4 (2002).
- Dead Set by Euan Bingham in Free From Filler (2003).
- Nullified! by Tom Stone in the ebook Random Walk (2007)
- Punk'd by Kevin Hat at http://www.kevhonline.net/index.htm.