Scottish Conjurers Association
In the Sphinx, it was reported that the Association was founded prior to December of 1924 with the objectives of providing a magical club for enthusiasts in magic, to stimulate magic in Scotland, and to have branches all over Scotland.
De Vega was the first President and W.P. Wilson the first Secretary but Duncan Johnstone soon took over as Secretary , which he held continuously for fifty four years. They invited Frederick Burnett to be their first Honorary President (1924) who was followed by W. G. Craigen (1940), John Ramsay (1950), J. B. Findlay (1961) and E. A. Dawes (1974).
The Association organized a weekend convention in 1938 they called "The First Scottish Magical Convention".
It's official organ is the Thistle.
- ↑ http://www.scottishconjurersassociation.org.uk/about/history_1.html
- ↑ http://www.scamagic.org/index.php/History-of-Magic-Clubs-In-Scotland/scottish-conjurers-association.html
- Thistle Magazine
- SAMS Magazine Volume 10 number 2 page 23
- Sphinx December 1924 page 322
- Sphinx October 1925 page 237
- Abracadabra 1993 Volume 95 Issue 2460 Page 400