|Born||Stephen Robert D'Acri|
March 22, 1952
|Died||February 11, 2011 (age 58) |
Las Vegas, Nevada
Steve Dacri (1952-2011) was a Boston native who moved to Las Vegas in 2003, after years of commuting from Los Angeles to work at Caesars Magical Empire, which offered a close-up magic venue on the Vegas Strip.
Dacri later worked at The Orleans, O'Shea's, the Imperial Palace and the Four Seasons at Mandalay Bay, where he offered a dinner show at $300 per ticket. His last Las Vegas run was at the Las Vegas Hilton in 2010. The February opening was postponed by the discovery of a tumor and removal of a section of his colon.
Dacri maintained the digital magazine VegasInsideTips.com.
He was editor of Magic Market from 1972 until 1974.
- Commercial Close-Up (1978)
- Fooling People (1983)
- The Magic of Steve Dacri: No Filler (3 Volumes) (2006, DVD, L&L Publishing)
- ↑ http://www.lvrj.com/news/dacri-exited-life-his-way-optimistically-116105504.html?ref=504
- ↑ http://www.lvrj.com/living/illusionist-veteran-magician-dacri-dies-116060709.html?ref=709
| This page incorporated content from Steve Dacri,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 85, No. 10, October 2005, OUR COVER, The Steve Dacri Story, by Rolando Santos, page 27
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 91, No. 3, March 2011, Broken Wand, Steve R. Dacri, page 120
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 105, No. 1037, April 2011, Obituaries, Steve Dacri 22 March 1956 - 12 February 2011, page 101