|Born||Todd Michael Karr|
Oak Park, near Detroit, Michigan
|Categories||Books by Todd Karr|
Todd Karr (b.1965) is owner and operator of The Miracle Factory.
Todd Karr currently writes "The Eye," a monthly news column for Genii magazine.
As Entertainment Director at the world-famous Magic Castle in Hollywood, Karr booked top magic acts from around the globe for nearly two years. The Castle's Academy of Magical Arts has recognized his work in magic books with its prestigious Literary Fellowship and a Life Membership.
Other awards include the Milbourne Christopher Foundation Literary Award and the Society of American Magicians Biography Prize.
After studying at the University of Paris and the University of Southern California, Karr wrote for various newspapers including the Los Angeles Times before moving to Paris to begin a career as a full-time magician. Karr has performed from close-up magic to illusions and has done private shows for Monaco's Prince Albert, Princess Caroline, and the late Prince Rainier. He has worked at the Casino de Monte Carlo, the Monte Carlo Sporting Club, the Casino de Paris, and on French television shows. He has also performed at Las Vegas' Palazzo and Venetian casinos, and at some of Los Angeles' finest nightclubs, including Hyde, Confidential, Supper Club, and La Bohème.
Karr has been Magic Advisor for "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC, as well as for VH1's Celebracadabra series; created illusions and served as magic consultant for France's first prime-time magic program, "Attention: Magie,"; and designed an original four-woman levitation for the Pussycat Dolls pop group's MTV Movie Awards show.
- Magicians' Gallery (editor) (1981)
- Backyard Magic (author) (1996)
- Neo-Magic Artistry, S.H. Sharpe (editor and publisher) (2000)
- The Annals of Conjuring, Sidney W. Clarke (co-editor and publisher) (2001)
- The Silence of Chung Ling Soo (editor and publisher) (2001)
- Germain the Wizard, Stuart Cramer (editor and publisher) (2002)
- The Secret Ways of Al Baker, Al Baker (editor and publisher) (2003)
- Mystery School, Eugene Burger and Jeff McBride (editor and publisher) (2003)
- The Magic of Robert-Houdin, Christian Fechner (editor) (2003)
- Chicago Visions, Eugene Burger (editor) (2004)
- House of Mystery: The Magic Science of David P. Abbott, co-edited with Teller (co-editor and publisher) (2005)
- Roy Benson by Starlight, with Levent (co-author and publisher) (2006)
- Essential Robert-Houdin, (editor and publisher) (2006)
- Cardini: The Suave Deceiver, John Fisher (editor and publisher) (2007)
- Bulletproof, Andy Nyman (editor and publisher) (2010)
- Full Bloom (two volumes), Gaëtan Bloom (translator, editor, and publisher) (2013)
- Impromptu, Martin Gardner (editor and publisher) (2015)
- Christian Fechner's four-volume The Magic of Robert-Houdin
- The Award-Winning Rope Magic of Francis Tabary
- 1584 Old French Clever and Pleasant Inventions: Part One - co-edited with Stephen Minch