|Born||Thomas Albert Gagnon, Jr.|
November 8, 1945
Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
|Categories||Books by Tom Gagnon|
Tom Gagnon (b. 1945) is a magician and artist that has illustrated many magic books.
He has served as president of the IBM Ring No. 168 in Kokomo, Indiana.
Besides being a noted illustrator, many of Gagnon's routines and sleights have been published in books and periodicals including Genii, The New Tops, MAGIC, The Trapdoor, Epoptica, The Blueprint, The Chronicles, and the Magic Circular.
Books in which his effects have been published include Card Cavalcade Four, Coin Magic, Fork Full of Appetizers, The New York Magic Symposium-Collection Three, Card Finesse II, and Louis Tannen's "New Stars of Magic" series.
A new book of his own material was published in 2013.
- Quote "It has been said that paging through a book illustrated by Tom Gagnon is like perusing a magical photo album. Each of the illustrations is like a snapshot that captures the true essence of a magical effect. Gagnon's ground-breaking use of shadows in his illustrations, attention to detail, and overall dedication to his craft have earned him the reputation as one of magic's most sought after illustrators," Chuck Romano, pg 172, The Art of Deception.
- Award of Special Merit (1995) from the International Brotherhood of Magicians
- MVP Award (1999) at Fechter's Finger Flicking Frolic (FFFF)
- Magic Circle's Cecil Lyle Award (2006).
- The Lost Inner Secrets (The Vernon Chronicles Volume One)
- More Lost Inner Secrets (The Vernon Chronicles, Volume Two)
- Further Inner Secrets (The Vernon Chronicles, Volume Three)
- The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings
- The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner
- The New York Symposium--Collection Three
- Ken Krenzel's Close-up Impact
- The Tipnician by Bob Chesbro
- Hole Flight by Harvey Rosenthal
- Fork Full of Appetizers, Volume One
- Fork Full of Appetizers, Volume Two
- The Riser Repertoire (MUM Magazine)
- Larry Jenning's Neoclassic
- Sleightly Original (1981)
- New Stars of Magic, Series 2, no. 3, Radical Rebound (1985)
- Too Hot for the Devil (with Matthew Field, 2013) 
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 57, No. 6, June 1977, HOCUS POCUS PARADE BY TOM GAGNON, edited by Paul Swinford, page 67
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 76, No. 75, December 1996, THE ART OF DECEPTION or The Magical Affinity Between Conjuring and Art by Chuck Romano, page 75