From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Revision as of 08:14, 30 July 2010 by Lucas Cray
Magic related events from the year 1849.
Please add any notable events below if an article falls within this year.
- John Henry Anderson returns to London to perform for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
- Joseph Vanek flees to Turkey after his part in a failed coup in Hungary and decides to try performing
- The Aerial Suspension is first performed, as a feature of Robert-Houdin
- Isaac Twamley, a semi-professional magician, is born, Feb 14
- Carl Willmann, a well known German manufacturer of magical apparatus, is born, May 4
- Harry Kellar, often referred to as the Dean of American Magicians, is born, July 11
- Henry Hardin, credited with inventing the Princess Card Trick, is born, Nov 2