Art of Magic
|Art of Magic|
|Author||T. Nelson Downs|
Art of Magic was written in collaboration with John Northern Hilliard. It's believed that Hilliard actually wrote most of the book.
It contains a section of tricks and flourishes with coins; a section of tricks and flourishes with cards. Plus magic with eggs, balls, and miscellaneous magic.
This book was rated one of the "Ten basic books for a working library of conjuring" by H. Adrian Smith.
- First Edition 1909
- Second Edition published by Arthur P. Felsman, Chicago (1921)
- Spurious Edition - Byron Walker writes in Magicol #53 that "It is believed that after a falling out between Roterberg and A.M. Wilson, Edwards took the original plates to Canada and had his own version printed. He then returned to the states, had the pages bound by Roterberg and began to distribute it. This is known as the Roterberg or spurious edition."
- CHAPTER I. FLOURISHES AND FANCY SLEIGHTS WITH CARDS.
- CHAPTER II. CARD TRICKS WITH UNPREPARED CARDS AND NOT REQUIRING SLEIGHT OF HAND.
- CHAPTER III. CARD TRICKS INVOLVING SLEIGHT OF HAND.
- CHAPTER IV. SLEIGHT OF HAND WITH CARDS (continued).
- CHAPTER V. SLEIGHT OF HAND WITH CARDS (continued).
- CHAPTER VI.CARD TRICKS BASED ON A NEW AND ORIGINAL SYSTEM OF LOCATING A CHOSEN CARD.
- CHAPTER VII. CLAIRVOYANCE WITH CARDS.
- CHAPTER VIII. A SERIES OF CARD TRICKS BASED ON A NEW AND ORIGINAL SYSTEM.
- CHAPTER IX. THE RISING CARDS.
- CHAPTER X. THE FOUR ACE TRICK.
- CHAPTER XI. CARD TRICKS WITH APPARATUS AND IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER OBJECTS.
- CHAPTER XII. FANCY FLOURISHES WITH COINS, USEFUL SLEIGHTS AND ADDITIONS TO THE MISER'S DREAM.
- CHAPTER XIII. COIN TRICKS WITH AND WITHOUT APPARATUS.
- CHAPTER XIV. A COIN ACT AND A COIN LADDER.
- CHAPTER XV. TRICKS OF THE TRADE.
- CHAPTER XVI. TRICKS WITH EGGS.
- CHAPTER XVII. TRICKS WITH BALLS.
- CHAPTER XVIII. MISCELLANEOUS TRICKS.
|Category:Books by author||Category:Books by publisher||Category:Books by year|
|Early Magic Books||Bibliographies||Magic themed novels|