Charles Reynolds was an author, historian and magic consultant.
|Born||Charles R. Reynolds|
September 9, 1932
|Died||November 4, 2010 (age Expression error: Missing operand for -.) |
Manhattan, New York
|Categories||Books by Charles Reynolds|
As a youth he assisted Carlo, the Toledo dealer, both in the shop and on tours. Reynolds studied Television and Theater at the University of Michigan, receiving his B.A. in 1954 and an M.A. in 1955.
After moving to New York City, he became an assistant cameraman at CBS. Later, he rose to Picture Editor of Popular Photography and did free lance pieces for other magazines like Time.
Reynolds was the friend and student of Dai Vernon, Roy Benson and Charlie Miller. He became the chief magic consultant to Doug Henning on all six of his annual, one-hour, network television magic specials. He was also associate producer of the British TV series "The Best of Magic" and "Heroes of Magic".
He was consultant on Broadway shows:
- Sleight of Hand (1987)
- Doug Henning & His World of Magic (1984)
- Merlin (1983 )
- Blackstone! (1980)
And contributor to magic works:
- Apocalypse, Vol. 12, No. 7, july 1989, page 1666.
- Ted Lesley's DVD Cabaret Mindreading (2002)
- Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber (2004)
Awards and Honors
- Blackstone's Secrets of Magic by Blackstone, Harry, Jr., Charles Reynolds & Regina Reynolds (1975)
- 100 Years of Magic Poster 1st Edition by Charles Reynolds and Regina Reynolds (1975) ISBN 1131604989
- Houdini: His Legend and His Magic (with Doug Henning) (1977)
- The Art of Magic (Dover reprint of 1921 second edition) by T. Nelson Downs & John Northern Hilliard, with an introduction by Charles R. Reynolds (1980)
- The Blackstone Book of Magic & Illusion by Charles Reynolds, Harry Blackstone, Regina Reynolds (1995)
- Card Magic: The Blackstone Family Magic Shoppe (1997) ISBN 1590930010