|Resting place||Camberwell, Surrey, England|
Daniel Gyngell (1773-1833) was an English fair magicians who performed as "Senior Gyngell" starting in 1788.
First performed as an assistant to Flockton, then after his death in 1794, as his successor.
Gyngell was elected into the Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame.
- ↑ Whaley's Who's Who in Magic by Bart Whaley
- The Unmasking of Robert-Houdin, Harry Houdini (1908), Between pages 116-128; contains 2 pictures and 2 posters (Harry Houdini Collection)
- The Annals of Conjuring, by Sydney W. Clarke (1929, reprint 2001), 5. The English Showmen - Gyngell, page 145
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 41, No. 2, April 1942, Cover Picture, page 24
- Linking Ring, Vol. 23, No. 7, September 1943, The Grandiose Gyngell, by Dr. Henry R. Evans, page 19
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 51, No. 751, March 1957, Peeps into the Past No. 11. Gyngell, Gyngle or Gingell? by J. B. Findlay, page 100
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Gyngell, Daniel = Gyngell Senior, engl. Schausteller, Zauberkünstler (†1833), page 141