New York Magic Symposium
The New York Magic Symposium was a convention that started in the early 1980s by Adam Fleischer and Vito Lupo. The first one was held August 19-22, 1982 at the Roosevelt Hotel, Manhattan. The first symposium was attended by some 400 magicians.
Books were published from effects collected at the convention. Although most of the material is close up magic, there are a few stage and parlor type items.
- August 19-22, 1982 Roosevelt Hotel
- August 25-28, 1983 Roosevelt Hotel
- August 16-19, 1984 - San Francisco
- August 23-26, 1984 - New York.
- May 24-26, 1985 - Los Angeles, California
- Harry Anderson, Paul Harris, Richard Kaufman, Tom Mullica, Slydini, Dai Vernon, David Roth
- February 7-9, 1986 - Berkeley, California
- Micheal Ammar, Eugene Burger, Mike Caveney, Dayrl, Richard Kaufman, Max Maven.
- May 23-25, 1986 - New York City
- August 7-19, 1986 - Tokyo, Japan.
- July 9-12, 1987 - New York City
- David Roth, Finn Jon, Jeff McBride, The Pendragons, Tom Mellica
- The Dai Vernon Roast.
- The 1982 New York Magic Symposium Yearbook Written and Illustrated by Richard Kaufman
- THE NEW YORK MAGIC SYMPOSIUM. CLOSE- UP COLLECTION ONE by Richard Kaufman.
he New York Magic Symposium - Collection 2 by Richard Kaufman (1983) The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 3 by Adam Fleischer & Stephen Minch (1984) The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 4 (1985) by Stephen Minch The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 5 (1986) by Stephen Minch & Phil Goldstein
- THE PREMIERE NEW YORK MAGIC SYMPOSIUM by Edwin Rojas MUM - MARCH, 1983