From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Thayer Magic Company was founded by Floyd G. Thayer in 1907 and made magical apparatus into the 1930's. The Thayer slogan was "Quality Magic".
Thayer started his Thayer Magic Co. making wands and advertised first in Mahatma as The Wand of The West. Ellis Stanyon was reported to have been his first customer.
They published Thayer's Magical Bulletin starting in 1914.
In 1931, Thayer started the Trick of the Month Club (T.M.C.) which sent out a trick every month to members that subscribed.
The Thayers opened to the public their new home in western Los Angeles, named "Brookledge" in 1933, which included a Studio-theater.
In 1942, the William Larsen Sr. purchased Floyd Thayer’s Magic Company. See Genii 1942 December, page 118.
Rudy Roxo then bought the company from Bill Larsen in 1950, running his plant from Traverse City, Michigan.