The Top Palm is a card sleight used by the performer to palm the top card of the deck. Many different handlings of the move have been devised, including single- and multiple-card palms into either hand, and even several techniques using only one hand.
Single-Card Top Palms
- Palming the Top Card with Left Hand Only: John Northern Hilliard, Greater Magic (1938, p. 201).
- The Hugard Top Palm: Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue, Expert Card Technique (1940, pp. 57-58)
- Loewy Palm (Dai Vernon): Stars of Magic, Series 6 No. 3: The Travelers (1950; 1961, pp. 99-100).
- The Lowey Palm As It Should Be Done (Charlie Miller): Genii, Vol. 32 No. 3 (November 1967, pp. 126-127).
- Professor Loewy Palm (Francis Carlyle): Roger Pierre, The Magic of Francis Carlyle (1975, pp. 89-90).
- The Loewy Palm: Roberto Giobbi, Card College, Vol. 3 (1998, pp. 712-713).
- Left Hand Palm: Edward Marlo, The Future Classic (1953, pp. 12-14).
Vernon's Topping the Deck
- Topping the Deck: Dai Vernon, Select Secrets (1941, pp. 7-10).
- The Vernon Palm: Dai Vernon, Revelation (2008, pp. 297-301).
Bauer's Riffle Action Palm
One Hand Top Palm
- One Hand Top Card Palm: Jean Hugard, Card Manipulations No. 1 (1933, p. 2).
- Palming the Top Card, One Hand Only: John Northern Hilliard, Greater Magic (1938, pp. 200-201).
- One-Hand Top Palm: Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue, Expert Card Technique (1940, p. 177).
- One Hand Top Palm (Judson Cole): Arthur Buckley, Card Control (1946, pp. 69-70).
- The One-handed Palm: Roberto Giobbi, Card College, Vol. 3 (1998, pp. 705-707).
Multiple-Card Top Palms
- Berg's Top Palm (Joe Berg): Arthur Buckley, Card Control (1946, p. 68).