|Born||Charles Raymond Reynolds, Jr|
September 9, 1932
|Died||November 4, 2010 (age 78) |
Manhattan, New York
|Categories||Books by Charles Reynolds|
Charles Reynolds (1932-2010) was an author, historian and magic consultant. He was chief consultant to Doug Henning on all his television specials.
As a youth he assisted Carlo, the Toledo dealer, both in the shop and on tours. Reynolds studied Television and Theater at the University of Michigan, receiving his B.A. in 1954 and an M.A. in 1955.
After moving to New York City, he became an assistant cameraman at CBS. Later, he rose to Picture Editor of Popular Photography and did free lance pieces for other magazines like Time.
Reynolds was the friend and student of Dai Vernon, Roy Benson and Charlie Miller. He became the chief magic consultant to Doug Henning on all six of his annual, one-hour, network television magic specials. He was also associate producer of the British TV series "The Best of Magic" and "Heroes of Magic".
He was consultant on Broadway shows:
- Sleight of Hand (1987)
- Doug Henning & His World of Magic (1984)
- Merlin (1983 )
- Blackstone! (1980)
And contributor to magic works:
- Apocalypse, Vol. 12, No. 7, july 1989, page 1666.
- Ted Lesley's DVD Cabaret Mindreading (2002)
- Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber (2004)
Awards and Honors
- Blackstone's Secrets of Magic by Blackstone, Harry, Jr., Charles Reynolds & Regina Reynolds (1975)
- 100 Years of Magic Poster 1st Edition by Charles Reynolds and Regina Reynolds (1975) ISBN 1131604989
- Houdini: His Legend and His Magic (with Doug Henning) (1977)
- The Art of Magic (Dover reprint of 1921 second edition) by T. Nelson Downs & John Northern Hilliard, with an introduction by Charles R. Reynolds (1980)
- The Blackstone Book of Magic & Illusion by Charles Reynolds, Harry Blackstone, Regina Reynolds (1995)
- Card Magic: The Blackstone Family Magic Shoppe (1997) ISBN 1590930010
| This page incorporated content from Charles_Reynolds (magician),
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 62, No. 5, May 1982, Memoirs Of A Magician's Ghost, by John Booth, CHAPTER 168 – Charles Reynolds: THE LIFE OF A MAGIC CONSULTANT, page 51
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 95, No. 1019, June 2001, Forty Eight Hours of Wonder at The Magic Circle, Conversation John Fisher with Charles Reynolds, page 195
- M-U-M, Vol. 96, No. 9, February 2007, Charles Reynolds, Magic Consultant Advisor, Writer, Producer, Photographer and 46-year Member of the SAM., page 68
- Magische Welt, Vol. 60, No. 6, November-Dezember 2010, In Memoriam, Charles Raymond Reynolds, page 244
- M-U-M, Vol. 100, No. 7, December 2010, BROKEN WANDS, Charles Reynolds, September 9, 1932 - November 4, 2010, by George Schindler, page 24
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 74, No. 1, January 2011, In Memoriam by Jamy Ian Swiss - The World Loses a Citizen, Charles Reynolds 1932-2010, page 18
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 105, No. 1134, January 2011, Obituaries, Charles Reynolds 9 Sep 1932 – 4 November 2010, by George Schindler, page 6
- Broken Wand News