Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
|Born||Daniel George Orleans|
October 21, 1954
Orange, New Jersey
Danny Orleans (b. 1954) is an American magician who is a widely respected trade-show performer, corporate entertainer, and magical educator.
Mr. Orleans' path as a magical educator began when he earned his degree in Education from Northwestern University. Mr. Orleans went on to teach both Algebra and preschool at Chicago area public and private schools. Then he created a curriculum-based show for students and, from 1980 to 2000, he toured North America performing magic in thousands of schools, theaters and children's museums. With his wife Jan Rose, he performed in arts centers to large audiences of children including the Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach, Florida, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, The Kentucky Arts Center, and the First National Bank Centre in Chicago.
He and Jan Rose, studied with Eddie Fields in the 1980s mastering the two-person mindreading act that the late Mr. Fields performed with his partner George Martz in the 1950s and '60s. They perform this act at corporate events and magic conventions worldwide.
As a corporate and trade-show performer, Mr. Orleans has developed and presented hundreds of customized magic shows for corporate settings including hospitality suites, sales meetings, user-group meetings and trade show exhibits since 1990. A prolific creator and author, Mr. Orleans has written, appeared in, or contributed to numerous instructional texts on magic, including the 2005 series of ten books and magic sets with DVDs for New York publisher, Scholastic Corporation's "The Ultimate Magic Club."
In 2010, Chronicle Books published Magic Scratchers, the first-ever interactive magic book using scratch-off technology. Mr. Orleans created the 40 tricks in the book which readers perform for themselves. The scratch-offs on the pages reveal the thoughts, objects, words and numbers that that readers choose in a series of remarkable revelations.
For the magic community, Danny Orleans has written many articles for Magic Magazine and Genii and an award winning article for the Linking Ring. He has written the trick review column for Genii since January 1995.
In 2013 and '14 he released two DVD sets for the magic community: The Art of Presenting Magic to Children and The Art of Presenting Magic to Teenagers, both to critical acclaim. He and Jan Rose began extensive lecture tours in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. teaching their strategies about children's magic. In 2015 they were invited to lecture at 2015 FISM Convention in Italy.
In the Autumn of 2015, Danny Orleans' book Kids Show Masterplan was published by AmazeKids, a subsidiary of Vanishing Inc Magic.
- The Book of Master Magician's Magic (2002) Scholastic (Magic University)
- Money Magic (2005) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Animal Magic (2005) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Magnetic Magic (2005) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Spooky Magic (2005) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Colorful Magic (2005) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Liquid Magic (2006) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Party Magic (2006) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Food Magic (2006) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Artful Magic (2006) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Card and Dice Magic (2006) Scholastic (Ultimate Magic Club)
- Magic Scratchers (2010) Chronicle Books
- Kids Show Masterplan (2015) AmazeKids
| This page incorporated content from Danny Orleans,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 69, No.3, March 1989, OUR COVER - DANNY and JAN ORLEANS BY PHIL WILLMARTH, page 68
- Genii, Vol. 76, No. 3, March 2013, Capturing Enchantment, The Elemental Danny Orleans Experience, by Jon Racherbaumer, pages 66 to 77
- Official site: Danny Orleans, corporate and trade-show programs
- Official site: Danny Orleans, magical educator school programs
- Magic Scratchers
Such material requires a high degree of sensitivity,
and must adhere strictly to all applicable laws in the United States.
See MagicPedia:Biographies_of_living_persons for more information.