November 29, 1919
Caenarfon, North Wales
|Died||June 9, 1996 (age 76) |
Bangor, North Wales
Rovi (1919-1996), the Wizard of Wales, was a printer by trade and a semi-profession card magician.
He served in the Royal Corps of Signals during World War II, where he would often entertained his comrades with card magic.
He was the first Welsh magician to receive an Honorary Ovate by the National Eisteddfod, one of the highest honors in Wales. Rovi served as President of the I.B.M. British Ring in 1984, was Honorary Life President of the North Wales Magic Circle, and a Gold Star member of the Inner Magic Circle. Channing Pollock publicly knighted him at The Magic Circle "The King of Cards".
- Rovi Reveals (Ganson Teach-In Series) (1980)
- ROVI: THE STORY OF A MAN AND HIS MAGIC By Richard Owen (2000)
- ↑ Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 85, No. 1, January 1985, Our Cover, "Rovi", page 53
- ↑ Milestones, Magic August 1996
- ↑ Magic Circular, Vol. 90, No. 967, August 1996, Obituary, IVOR PARRY (ROVI) 1919-1996, page 140
- ↑ Genii Magazine, Vol. 59, No. 10, August 1996, Obituaries Ivor "Rovi" Parry, by Geoff Ray, page 821
| This page incorporated content from Rovi (magician),
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover, The Magic Circular, Vol. 82, No. 889, September/October 1988, This is Your Life, by Peter D. Blanchard - ROVI, page 189
- Magicana (New Zealand), Vol. 40, No. 236, August/September 1992, Convention Headliner – ROVI The Welsh Wizard, page 6
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 76, No. 8, August 1996, Broken Wand, Ivor "Rovi" Parry, by Henry Lewis/Geoff Ray, page 124
- Magicana (New Zealand), Vol. 44, No. 260, August/September 1996, Wizard who always had a good hand, Rovi, Ivor Parry, by Jim Reilly, page 11
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 81, No. 6, June 2001, Rovi, The Story of a Man and his Magic, page 123
- M-U-M, Vol. 91, No. 4, September 2001, ROVI, the Story of a Man and his Magic, by Richard Owen, page 45
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 102, No. 1100, March 2008, Memorial News, Grave of Ifor Parry (Rovi), page 69
- Magicana (New Zealand), Vol. 56, No. 336 (2009 n.d.), ROVI Remembered, page 28