Cover of Genii with husband
|Born||June 6, 1948|
Tina Lenert is an American magician, mime and harpist. She has performed worldwide and is known for combining elements of pantomime and magic. For many years she has been a regular performer at the world famous Magic Castle, in Hollywood where she has been voted Stage Magician of the Year by the Academy of Magical Arts.
Lenert grew up in Caracas, Venezuela. Her father was a geologist working for a United States oil company and at a young age her family moved to Malibu, California. She learned how to play electric guitar in high school as part of the short lived female rock band, the Leftovers. Shortly after high school, she began her career as a classical guitarist, and upon completing college studies as a performance major, abandoned the instrument and achieved success as a mime and then as an award-winning magician.
Lenert lives in Pasadena, California with her husband, magician and magic historian Mike Caveney.
| This page incorporated content from Tina Lenert,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 65, No. 6, June 1985, Memoirs Of A Magician's Ghost, by John Booth, CHAPTER 192 – Magic's Young Publishers Extraordinary, page 55
- Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 77, No. 8, January 1988, Magician of the Month, Tina Lenert, page 9, THE MIME SPEAKS, An Interview with Tina Lenert, page 11
- Cover, Magische Welt, Vol. 52, No. 3, Juni 2008, Tina Lenert: Gefühlvoll, page 136
- Cover Genii Magazine, Vol. 68, No. 12, December 2005, The Magic and Memories of Tina Lenert and Mike Caveney by Dustm Stinett, page 40
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Lenert, Tina USA Zauberkünstlerin (*06.01.1948 Caracas, Venezuela), page 202
- IMBD Tina Lenert