Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
|Born||William J. Blyth|
May 8, 1873
|Died||January 7, 1937 (age 63) |
London Salvage Corps Headquarters, England
|Categories||Books by Will Blyth|
Will J. Blyth (1873-1937) was the author of many magic books.
He was elected to the position of Hon. Librarian of the Magic Circle in August of 1919, and served in that capacity until his death on January 7, 1937.
A glowing obituary, honoring his service to the Magic Circle and his contributions to magical literature, was published on the cover of the February, 1937 issue of The Magic Circular.
- Blyth's Paper Magic (1920)
- Match-Stick Magic (1921)
- Handkerchief Magic (1922)
- More Paper Magic (1923)
- Impromptu Conjuring Without Apparatus (1924)
- Money Magic - Entertaining Tricks & Amusements with Coins (1926)
- Effective Conjuring (1928)
- How to Become a Conjurer (1934)
- How to Present the Cups and Balls (1933) a lecture at the I.B.M. Annual Convention, Northampton, 24th June
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 23, No. 264, May 1929, Will Blyth, M.I.M.C., Our Hon. Librarian, page 116
- The Magician Monthly, Vol. 28, No. 7, June 1932, Magician as Fire Chief, page 81
- The Magician Monthly, Vol. 33, No. 2, January 1937, WILL BLYTH, page 19
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 16, No. 12, February 1937, In Memoriam, Will Blyth, page 906
- The Sphinx, Vol. 35, No. 12, February 1937, London Notes, by Wilfrid Jonson, page 253
- The Magic Wand, Vol. 26, No. 173, March-May 1937, WILL BLYTH, page 3